So I showed Keira the ropes for going camping. . .

Now that Spring is pretty much here, Keira and I have seen the 3+ feet of snow in the backyard dissipate and while we are enjoying rolling around in the mud, Keira's having some adjustment issues because she can't pee or poop unless it's on a snowbank.  Mom finds this both entertaining and exasperating as snowbanks are kinda hard to find around here right now. . .


So, we took the camper out for a shakedown run.  Those of you that followed me in the early days may recall that last year at this time, Mom and Dad went to Normandy Farms Campground to (1) evict the mice from the motorhome, and (2) see how the puppy travels in the motorhome before hitting the road for a 17 hour trip south to Myrtle Beach.  I did fine with the motorhome until we got to the campground and almost face-planted Mom in the gravel when we got there but I'm a cool campin' dog now and a seasoned veteran.

Not so much little Keira, however. . .  I tried to show her it was OK but she cried and cried. . .


Mom says we lucked out - although Keira cries, she doesn't upchuck or otherwise release anything nasty in the camper and she didn't try to take Mom on a face-plant flight, which was good.  Keira pretty much looked to me to see what to do and she did well with going in and out of the camper and stuck to me like glue.

Mom was VERY pleasantly surprised - she brought corrals but not the crate, worrying that Keira would have the awful housebreaking issues that she has at home and maybe it's because we were camping and spent a majority of our time outdoors (either at the bark park or around the campfire), there were no accidents in the camper!  Unfortunately, the heater, which is right where the dog dishes are, must've kicked in when Keira was eating and she was afraid to eat so we had to move the dishes to another spot for her.  Mom's confident she'll do fine once she gets used to the noises that the camper makes. . .

Normandy Farms has the BEST bark park ever!  Keira and I, Murphy, Liam and Cinder DOMINATED that bark park and spent a lot of time there . . .

We met a chocolate lab from Georgia, BJ, he was cool.

This is me (Riley) - I get the tennis ball and lie on it!

This is Keira (she hid from the bigs dogs a lot)...

And here's Mom's favorite part of camping with Keira and I. . .


Next trip - Myrtle Beach!  Better go pack my sunscreen. . .

~ CHOW BABY ~





No comments:

Post a Comment