Went South for Vacation, Hit the Beach to Work on my Tan. . .

Been a while since I updated the blog - just got back from a 10 day excursion south - to Myrtle Beach (Mom calls it the happiest place on earth - especially after she's had a couple of jello shots!). .  We jumped in the motorhome and began our 17 hour trek south, it was the longest car ride I had ever been on.  I did pretty good considering I wouldn't sleep the entire time and when I wasn't trying to sit on Mom's lap, I was trying to get under Dad's feet!  So I consoled myself by gnawing a hole in the carpet when Mom and Dad weren't looking, figured I could always get myself an escape hatch going!  We broke the trip down and back by travelling over the course of two days and let me tell you - Mom HATES Connecticut, she wishes and earthquake would just come and suck it deep into the bowels of the earth.  Construction sites with no workers - just barrels and random lane closures, what is WRONG with that state?  But that's her beef, not mine. . .   Oh, and speaking of beef?  When I went on my little hunger strike, Mom attempted to make my food more attractive by putting some watered down beef broth in it - it worked for her and against her. . .  I ate my food but the diahrea just wasn't worth it!  Whoops, sorry Mom. . .

Here I am in the motorhome. . .


Me and my homies - Chloe, Levi, Rusty & Benji had a pretty great time together - Heather and Aud combined their corrals and made a fenced in area inside Heather's tiki hut.  We didn't spend a lot of time there because we were usually riding around in golf carts and going to the beach but it was a great place for me and Levi to dig, dig, dig and nap, nap, nap!



One thing I did for sport all week was to dig out from under Dad's chaise lounge when he was snoozing.  What a hoot it'll be when he tips over!



Then there were the golf car races - what fun!  I would sit between Mom and Dad and if Dad wasn't going fast enough, I'd sit on his foot on the gas pedal.  Mom thought that was a riot but Dad found braking difficult under those circumstances!  It was OK - our golf cart wasn't the fastest one in the bunch, so no harm no foul.



My absolute favorite part of the week was the BEACH!  Great sand to dig in and I was quite the handsome fella and got lots of attention from people.  Every other person on the beach had a dog, they were all over the place!



Playtime on the beach was awesome, too.  Me and Levi would roll around in the sand until we were both completely covered.  Levi went into the water but Rusty and I weren't too sure about the foamy stuff crashing up on the beach. .





One warning - to those of you who haven't been to the beach?  It's fun to chase birds and dodge the tide coming in but DON'T drink the water!  Had myself a little pukefest after drinking some salt water and even though I didn't drink much, Mom made sure to keep me from drinking the water the rest of the week!



I'm likin' this thing they call VACATION - when are we doin' it again?  I'll keep ya posted - until then, CHOW, BABY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment