Home Improvement, Anyone?



Now that I'm weighing in at 70+ lbs., it's time for me to start helping out around the house.  Dad was laid off for about 3 months and spent that time busily attending to what Mom called the "honey-do" list - re-tiling the bathroom floor, painting projects and various carpentry projects.  Since he and I were home 24-7, I spent a lot of time watching and learning and now that he's back to work, I decided to work on my own "puppy-do" list. . .

I started with the carpeting in the hallway and have focused much of my efforts on Jeff's room.  It's a tough job, but I am persisting in my attempts to remove the 20+ year old carpet. . .  Mom doesn't really care about the carpet as it's junk but she wants it left because she says the floors underneath are far worse. . .

Mom's very happy that duct tape comes in a variety of colors as she's been using it to repair my handiwork in the corners of each doorway!  (Like I said, I'm persistent. . .)  I think I heard her say once that if it wasn't for duct tape, I'd be a lovely throw rug in front of the fireplace!!

I took a break from working on the carpeting as I noticed that the trim in the hallway needed repainting.  Since I don't have thumbs, using a claw hammer to remove it was pretty much out of the question but I didn't let that STOP me. . .


So Dad took down the 12 year old pool out of the back yard to give me more room to romp (and nobody was using the pool anyways) and aside from the FUN of having a sandy area to DIG in (I'm transported back to Myrtle Beach every time I see that sand - ahhhh. . .), Dad's expanding the deck and will be building a patio area where the pool used to be.  And I'm being quite helpful - see all those new footings?  Yup, I dug 'em!

I gotta run - I have a LOT of work here to do!


Stay tuned - I'm in round two of puppy obedience class, there's sure to be more tales to get from that!  So far only the long haired German Shepherd is looking to get a chomp outta me and I'm keeping an eye on that Aussie mix, he's kindof a spaz. . .

CHOW, BABY!

No comments:

Post a Comment