Camping Season has started!

So, Aud and Bob kicked off camping season - we went to Normandy Farms in Foxboro to take the puppy (ME) and the motorhome on a shakedown run to ensure no mechanical (or puppy) malfunctions for our 17 hour run down to Myrtle Beach. Will Riley get carsick? How will he handle the motorhome? Only time will tell. . . So, we hit the road. I tried to help Bob out by trying to crawl under his feet to help him out with the gas and brake pedals but got turned away at every attempt. Go figure. . . But as you can see by this picture, I appear to be OK with riding in the motorhome. When I wasn't trying to snuggle up with Dad, Mom was Ok with snuggling up with me. . . It was a short ride, less than an hour and after my initial trepidation, I settled right down and claimed my spot in between the front seats of the rig. Mom's thinking this was pretty easy and things are looking good for our travel plans this summer! Guess what, Mom? I appear to be pretty mellow but don't let that fool you! As we arrived at the campground, I appeared to be pretty calm. Mom leashed me up and I was sitting quite nicely when she opened the door to the motorhome and didn't I take off like a shot? Mom got taken by surprise and since she had the leash firmly wrapped around her wrist, I took her airborne from the motorhome, neither of us ever hit the steps. Mom managed to land on her feet (although she describes the feeling that she was going to get a gravel facial) and I proceeded to drag her a couple more feet before I stopped. And stood there shaking like a leaf. I have peed next to this rig my entire life but suddenly it was a frightening entity and I'm not taking this well. This was a weekend of LOTS of new experiences for me. I did fairly well with the minor exceptions of almost faceplanting Mom in the gravel and there was the unfortunate incident where I pooped on my dish. But then my homies arrived. First, Liam (black lab) and his little brother Murphy (yellow lab puppy) arrived. Normandy Farms has the most amazing bark park and we had ourselves a wild rumpus every chance we could!
I really, really liked the bark park - Mom spent her time with me at the bark park and walking the frisbee golf course rather than the hot tubs - although she and Dale (Liam and Murphy's Mom) discussed how they could sneak us dawgs into the hot tub for a quick bath!
Here I am, wearing my peace sign kerchief (that everybody kept making fun of) - I can run and run and run pretty much forever! And you know what? The best spots to stop and roll around in is under the benches where the mulch bark isn't and the mud is nice and slimy! Me and Murphy spent a fair amount of time rolling around under there. . .

By the time everybody arrived at the campground (we were also celebrating Liam and Murphy's Dad's 50th birthday with a surprise party) - we owned that bark park! Mom wishes we could've gotten a picture of the "Smores Dawgs" walking down the street with all our peoples and the crossing of leashes and random poops and pees and needs to sniff that interesting WHATEVER! Cars and any other traffic got out of our way and we set off every dog we went by. . . LOL
Smores Dawg count - Riley (white golden retriever), Liam (black labrador retriever), Murphy (yellow labrador retriever), Hunter (golden retriever), Levi (black labrador retriever), Rusty (golden retriever), Chloe (cocker spaniel that can kick big dawgs butts!).
Watch out campin' world! I'm gonna get the hang of getting in and out of the camper and, with luck, will master being able to walk with the Smores pack of dogs without either clotheslining a kid with my leash, tripping an adult or creating chaos by crossing several leashes (especially with the folks that are working so hard to keep their two pups from crossing the beams)!
GREAT news since we got back? My half-brother Windsor has been united with Christy and she's got some awesome tales to tell as well!
I mellowed out during our camping trip enough that Mom and Dad didn't need to break out the crate, or even the corral. Mom and Dad were OK with the random checks I did on them (OK, panting in their faces was kindof a wakeup call). The end result is that Mom got her breakfast nook back since they broke down the "nursery" and I now have the run of the house. If you end up being a guest here, I don't recommend leaving socks or shoes on the floor. . .
Next trip - Myrtle Beach! We'll keep you posted and ~ CHOW, BABY ~

No comments:

Post a Comment