I ROCK at puppy socialization classes!

Sorry, folks, while the paparazzi (Aud Egan) was with me, the chaos known as Puppy Socialization Class prevented her from breaking out the camera.

As usual, I was the life of the party, all the gals were all over me (well, sorta, but if they weren't I was all over them!). Me and Chloe, even though we're "cousins" by our human family, truly stood out in this class of 6 puppies. Chloe - tasmanian devil, fer sure, even I couldn't keep up with her. I was DA MAN! Yeah, there was another guy in the class but he clearly didn't have his eye on the prize, the dufus. . .

I had a heckuva time and Aud made the mistake of leaving the corral open, so I took advantage to update the blog. . .

Most of the time, when Aud and Bob speak all I hear is "blah, blah, blah". But I caught some interesting comments from her with regards to my training. . .

"Training him to sit was interesting. As I held the treat above his head to make his butt go down, if I went too far, he tipped over"

"Training him to sit and then lie down. If I actually got him to sit (which requires the head to go up and the butt to go down), and then tried to make him lie down which required bringing the treat down between his front paws so the front end would go down. That never worked. Head went up, butt went down. Head went down, butt went up. This is going to be a SERIOUS challenge"

"Training him to come to me when called. IF he was paying enough attention to me when I had him sitting and tried to move away, I didn't have the chance to call him to make him come to me, he just followed. IF he wasn't paying any attention to me and I was successful in moving away, he was schmoozing with the closest lady he could and there was no treat that could get his attention"

Mom sez Chloe and I got an A+ in entertainment and loveability, Chloe probably got close to that in her exercises, I'm trailing with a C+ at this point.

But hey - that's passing, right?

CHOW, BABY!

No comments:

Post a Comment