Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

With the holidays fast approaching, Mother Nature introduced me to a really cool new fun thing - SNOW!! I was a little alarmed at first because I was slipping and sliding all over the back yard but once it started to melt a little, it made a nice mud mixture and that's when I discovered I like to roll around in it and dig. Digging's really awesome, I highly recommend it to all my canine friends!
I've decided to offer a new feature to the blog this winter for all my devoted fans - you've heard of "Where's Waldo"? Well, this blog is introducing, for the first time ever (and when it takes off in the main stream media, remember you heard it here first). . . Wait for it. . . . Here it comes. . .
WHERE'S RILEY?!!

Here I am!!!

So, today was "Grafton Celebrates the Holidays", which was a town-wide celebration for the holidays and Aud decided to take me to my puppy socialization class kennel to get my picture taken with Santa. The joke was on her - she thought it would be a cheesy polaroid situation where she could get her own pictures, but it turned out to be a professional photo op where they have "packages" (woof - whatever that is). Since we waited in line, we stuck it out (after all, proceeds went to a local dog shelter) and while we were waiting, I was DA MAN (once again) and everybody was all over me. It was great until the CAT arrived. . . .

Cue in the dramatic standoff music at this point. This cat walked into a 2000 square foot room with a dozen dogs and she OWNED the place. She approached the big dawgs first, they all stepped back. The room got real silent at this point. . . So what do I do? Head goes down, butt goes up and I barked at the foolish feline. . .

BIG mistake. Cattitude (not her name, our encounter didn't include any pleasantries such as introductions) sauntered over to me and I got braver and braver as she approached. She came within range, I made my move and BOOM - I'm pinned down to the floor. What humiliation, the whole room was laughing! She releases me and I've got a rep to uphold, so I go for her again. And again. And again. All with the same result - DOWNED REPEATEDLY by a feline, ohhh, the horror. . .

I'll get over this. I've got two cats to practice on at home. Next time, Cattitude is MINE!

Until then, CHOW BABY!

No comments:

Post a Comment